Friday, April 15, 2016

Trust

New day. New lesson. 


According to Merriam-Webster dictionary, trust is "belief that someone or something is reliable, good, honest, effective, etc"

What is a person to do when that trust is broken...and to make matters worse, you don't know the identity of said person?

The old me would curl up into the fetal position and isolate from society. I would shut down and become overly cautious with everyone around me. I've realized that is no way to live!

I'm the type that tends to over share; I over share with those that I believe I can trust and that have the best interest at heart for me.  I go into details about my goals, dreams, aspirations, heartaches, what keeps me up at night, job issues, marital conflicts, family concerns, etc. I talk about my life list, disappointments, fun times, and everything else in between.

Is that wise?

That is today's million dollar question!  Something was brought to my attention about something that someone did. And in all honesty, part of me wants to curl up into the safe fetal position and isolate myself.

Thankfully the sun is shining and I will not fall into old habits.  So this is what I will do...

1. Pray for inner peace
2. Pray for the identity of said individual to be revealed
3. Pray for clarity
4. Continue to trust - with caution
5. Stop over sharing 
6. Continue to smile
7. Hold on tight to the words in Luke 8:17


No comments:

Post a Comment