Friday, November 30, 2012

Thankfulness

As November rolled around, I challenged myself to purposely look for things around me that I would be thankful.  To many, including myself, we see November as the month to be thankful because of Thanksgiving.  In the beginning the task was easy. As the days progressed, I felt myself having to think harder to come up something I was thankful for.  Today is the last day of November. Technically my challenge is over...however, a new challenge for myself ~ I will continue with my thankfulness all the way into Thanksgiving 2013.  This will be done with purpose. There is someone to always be thankful for, no matter how big or how small.  Here's my November 2012 list.

Day #1 of thankfulness: I'm thankful for being born in the United States of America.
Day #2 of thankfulness: I'm thankful that all 3 of my children were born healthy & continue to be healthy.
Day #3 of thankfulness: I'm thankful for all my senses working properly.
Day #4 of thankfulness: I'm thankful for having a job that allows me to grow personally & professionally while helping the less fortunate.
Day #5 of thankfulness: I'm thankful for my nice warm bed. Good night!
Day #6 of thankfulness: I'm thankful that as a woman, I have the freedom to VOTE! 
Day #7 of thankfulness: I'm thankful for my health.
Day #8 of thankfulness: I'm thankful for all the mercies, gifts, talents and opportunities Jesus has bestowed upon me.
Day #9 of thankfulness: I'm thankful that Christ loved me so much that He died on the cross for my sins.
Day #10 of thankfulness: I'm thankful that I get to celebrate every birthday forever with James Dannert! Happy pre-birthday day :-)
Day #11 of thankfulness: I'm thankful for God's blessing. He has blessed me with the greatest, handsomest, sexiest, strongest man; who is my best friend, #1 supporter, lover, my voice of reason, my sounding board & a whole lot more James Dannert. To my dear husband, Happy birthday. Love you lots.
Day #12 of thankfulness: I'm thankful that 2012 is almost over. I'm glad for the many blessings in '12 but I see & claim great things in 2013.
Day #13 of thankfulness: I'm thankful for knowing what true love is.
Day #14 of thankfulness: I'm thankful for the counsel of the wise.
Day #15 of thankfulness: I'm thankful for my parents who made the choice of having me 39 beautiful years ago and for my step dad who has been there for 30+ years of my life (although he drives me crazy half the time). 
Day #16 of thankfulness: I'm thankful for the Lord blessing me with a good job & benefits. Especially paychecks :-)
Day #17 of thankfulness: I'm thankful for lazy & free Saturdays.
Day #18 of thankfulness: I'm thankful for celebration part 1 with my 2 close girlfriends last night. Haven't stayed up that late in a LONG time. Finished the night with breakfast at 3am! Thank you girls & thank you hubby for letting me party it up. Last celebration 11-30 for those that decide to join me.
 











Day #19 of thankfulness: I'm thankful for short work weeks :-)
Day #20 of thankfulness: I'm thankful for unexpected 'nice' days when it's normally freezing out :-)Day #21 of thankfulness: I'm thankful that I get to start over a new day every morning.
Day #22 of thankfulness: I'm thankful for my family, friends, job, God's unconditional love, electronics, beautiful weather, car, health, determination, strong mind & spirit, everything I've been through in life because it has made me who I am today, the awesome smell of turkey, & my God fearing neighbor whose powerful prayers are a blessing! 


Day #23 of thankfulness: I'm thankful for lazy & sleeping in days :-)
Day #24 of thankfulness: I'm thankful for the genius who decide to collect, grind & invent coffee :-)
Day #25 of thankfulness: I'm thankful for new friendships, laughter & love.
Day #26 of thankfulness: I'm thankful for a short and quick commute.
Day #27 of thankfulness: I'm thankful for second, sometimes even third or fourth chances.
Day #28 of thankfulness: I'm thankful for the singing talent that God gave others so that I can be blessed in the mornings :-)
Day #29 of thankfulness: I'm thankful for the genius mind behind the computer, because if I had to do all this work on a typewriter, I'd be unemployed!
Day #30 of thankfulness: I'm thankful for Fridays :-) 

          
    










What are  you thankful for?








 
    
           

No comments:

Post a Comment